Acrylic Showers: an Affordable Tub Conversion Option
If you’re looking for an affordable bathroom renovation, there are specialists in tub-to-shower conversion in Doylestown who can help. Many experts recommend acrylic, which is both affordable and durable. Continue reading to learn the advantages and disadvantages of taking this route.
Here are some of the advantages of going with acrylic:
- Low maintenance. One of the most appealing features of acrylic is low maintenance. Acrylic shower stalls are easy to clean. They’re non-porous, with few seams to collect grime, so they are among the easiest types of showers to maintain.
- Comfortable. Unlike tile, acrylic is warm to the touch. This may not sound like a big deal, but if you’ve ever stood on icy cold tile first thing in the morning, you’ll appreciate the warmth of acrylic. It’s also a softer material than tile, which can be a factor if you have foot issues or just prefer the comfort of a softer surface.
- Come in several sizes and styles. Acrylic shower stalls come in several sizes, so finding a custom fit for your conversion is generally not difficult. You can also choose from many style options, from a bare bones stall to a deluxe model with benches and shelves.
Despite these advantages, drawbacks need to be considered as well:
- Not the cheapest material on the market. If your main consideration is cost, then the best choice is probably fiberglass, which has a more institutional feel to it, but otherwise has similar advantages.
- It’s not tile. Some people have their hearts set on tile. While tile can be hard to maintain it is quite visually appealing. If you are set on tile, acrylic won’t address that need.
If you still have questions, the tub-to-shower conversion experts in Doylestown can help you decide if acrylic is right for you, call Re-Bath at 1-800-228-4882.